I have been designing for the web for over 20 years now and have a very deep knowledge and understanding about everything to do with web design. I like to not only focus on how a product looks but also how it works. I consider all touchpoints a user has with the UI, from acquisition to conversion and moving people through the experience making them feel good about the interaction. I understand UI standards and conventions and am capable of envisioning the dynamic nature of the product and the functional flow. I understand interdependencies, requirements, and constraints, and always take a step back, to see the big picture, and clarify how everything fits together.
I have worked on or alongside every stage of a products life cycle from initial development and wireframing through to marketing and deployment. My experience includes:
- A top-notch user experience designer who is passionate, creative, collaborative and strives to create simple, intuitive and delightful experiences.
- Visualizing and create concepts from the idea phase all the way to the final product.
- Proficient with using full visual experience to captivate and engage users on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.
- Design complex UI according to responsive mobile framework rules.
- Been up to date on the latest design and digital trends and patterns.
- Deep understanding of visual design principles and concepts, including icon design, typography, color theory, accessibility, aesthetics, proportionality, layout fundamentals, and information design.
- Actively contribute in project meetings to discuss the business needs.
- Expert use of design tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite and Axure.
- Excellent conceptualization ability, visual communication, sketching and drawing abilities.
- Understanding of common software development practices and how to play a key part in their success.
- Proficient in HTML and CSS, front-end development.
I always move with the web as it changes (such as HTML5, CSS3, API's and the ever-evolving range of development libraries), making sure I am proficient in new methodologies such as fluid mobile design, recognised strategies and supporting technology.
Even though my skills reach far beyond web design and front end development, I am always keeping up-to-date with the latest methods and requirements of a modern web designer.